“No Collection, No Fee”
Debttec (Pty) Ltd is a registered debt collection company that specialises in the recovery of delinquent debt and has more than 13 years’ experience in the industry. We have the capacity of handling large debtors books with a large volume of accounts as well as high valued accounts, all done on a “No Collection, No Fee” basis.
Full Debt Recovery Service
Our Services include Pre-legal call centre based debt collection carried out by skilled debt collectors and legal collections carried out by our group of in-house attorneys.
Business-to-Consumer Collections & Business-to-Business Collections
Our debt collection service includes both commercial / corporate (Business-to-Business) and consumer (Business-to Consumer) debt collection. We collect for all the major industries nationally including, Medical, Educational institutions, Government, Financial, Retail and more.
To maximise our client’s cash flow by reducing their bad debt books and increasing bad debt recoveries by providing a professional service without compromise to our clients brand or reputation.
All our debt collectors are registered with the Council for Debt Collectors and strictly adhere to The Debt Collector Code of Conduct.
Debt Collection Methodology
Direct Communication Channels:
Our debt recovery strategies incorporate the following communication channels:
- Section 129 and 130 letters
- Registered letters of demand
- Debit order: As few debtors can afford to settle the debt at once, our debit order facilities afford the the debtor the opportunity to pay us in monthly instalments. This in turn ensures regular and problem free instalments.
- Thanks to PAYM8 Secure our NAEDO debit order management system, we have been able to accurately manage our debit orders and in turn have resulted in increased collections.
- Credit card: Debtors can make use of our credit card payment facilities. This method affords them the opportunity to make use of their budget facility and settle their debt in full with our client. The advantage of this payment method is that the debtor doesn’t incur unnecessary collection costs or interest on a monthly payment arrangement.
- Direct deposits: Debtors also have the option of making a direct deposit into our FNB Trust account.
- EasyPay payment solution: All debtors handled by Debt Tec now have the option of paying their account through anyone of the EasyPay pay-points that include national outlets such as Pick ‘n Pay, Shoprite Checkers, Checkers Hyper, Lewis, Easypay’s website and many more.
All deposits from debtors are made into a trust account as stipulated by the Debt Collectors Act of 1998 (Act No. 114 of 1998)
NATIONAL CREDIT BUREAU Default Listings:
Debtors who fail to make payment on their outstanding debt or default on any payment arrangement will result in their name being entered on a National Credit Database as a bad payer. This will result in preventing them from obtaining future credit in South Africa, and adversely affect any credit facilities they currently enjoy.
We have a dedicated tracing team that utilize a number of leading tracing products that include consumer bureaus and directories to locate individuals as well as other legal entities e.g.… sole proprietors, private company (Pty) Ltd, partnerships and closed corporations.
All accounts are first scrutinised by our internal legal department before being handed over to one of our carefully selected attorneys. Cases are individually accessed on merit before proceeding with any action, cases that do not warrant legal action are returned to our clients at no cost.
Legal process includes:
- Default Judgment
- Warrant of Execution
- Emoluments attachment orders
Field Agents (Section 57/58):
Our attorneys also specialize in obtaining emoluments attachment orders through the use of registered field agents.
- Capable field agents are used to visit debtors and obtain their signature on section 57/58 documents.
- A Section 58 judgment is granted and an emoluments attachment order is issued simultaneously and implemented against the debtor’s salary.
- We recover debt on a “No Collection, No Fee” basis.
- Our fees are between 15% – 25% (Excl VAT) of all monies successfully recovered.
- Fees are negotiated depending on the volume, age and value of the debt.